How to unlock iPhone with Apple Watch keeping your face mask onFebruary 5, 2021
We may earn a commission if you make a purchase from the links on this page.
Apple just recently outed the iOS 14.4 update, ironing outs some kinks in HDR photography and iMessage, while including small new features like Bluetooth device categorization in Settings, or supporting tiny QR codes recognition.
How to use the Apple Watch iPhone Unlock feature in the iOS 14.5 and watchOS 7.4 updates
- Go to Settings>Face ID&Passcode.
- Switch on the toggle.
- Wear your Apple Watch with watchOS 7.4 and wrist detection on.
- Have your Apple Watch unlocked and with passcode enabled.
- Let Face ID recognize you are wearing a mask.
- The Apple Watch will vibrate, notifying you that it has authenticated an iPhone unlock.
- Keep your mask on.
The Apple Watch Unlock feature would only work for unlocking, too, not authorizing Apple Pay purchases, credit card information in Safari, or any such sensitive matters. Hey, it’s like the Unlock Apple Watch when you unlock your iPhone feature, but in reverse, more like the Unlock your Mac with the Apple Watch… but with a mask on.