We may earn a commission if you make a purchase from the links on this page.
This time around, Samsung didn’t move the goalposts and keys when it comes to switching off, restarting, or resetting the Galaxy S21, S21+, or S21 Ultra, as it did not long ago, and left the restart sequence as it is on the Note 20 series.
How do I turn on/off or restart my Samsung Galaxy S21?
Turn on the Galaxy S21
- Press and hold the power side key to switch on your Galaxy S21
Turn off or restart the Galaxy S21
- Press the volume down and power keys at once.
- Hold them until the switch-off/restart/emergency mode virtual buttons menu appears.
- Tap on the big red Power off icon at the top, or the green Restart button in the middle.
- Go to Advanced features > Side key > How to power off your phone for more options.
Hard reset the Galaxy S21
- Press and hold the volume down and power keys for more than 10 seconds
Reset Galaxy S21 to factory default settings
- Settings > General management > Reset > Reset all settings
If you need to restore your Galaxy S21 Ultra, this feature resets it to factory default settings, save for the security, language, and accounts, while leaving personal data intact.